55-Hour Partial Closures of Intersection: May 13-15
55-Hour Partial Closures of Intersection
The City of Torrance contractor will temporarily close a portion of the center of the intersection at Pacific Coast Highway and Hawthorne Boulevard. The closure is necessary to work towards completion of the long-awaited street improvements to reduce congestion and facilitate better traffic flow at the intersection.
- Start – Friday, May 13, 2022 (8:00 PM)
- End – Monday, May 15, 2022 (5:00 AM)
- Start – Friday, May 20, 2022 (8:00 PM)
- End – Monday, May 23, 2022 (5:00 AM)
Work will occur continuously during the 55-hour period.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Left-hand turns restricted at intersection
- Signal lights will be placed on flashing
- Speed through the intersection will be reduced
- Traffic flow will continue through the intersection with the assistance of flaggers for safety
- Construction equipment and crews will be entering and exiting the work zone
Motorists and pedestrians are to carefully follow the posted signs and exercise caution while in the vicinity of the construction activities. Noise, dust, and vibration may be noticeable; however, will be monitored for compliance with City standards.